Head of Compliance RSA and 123
RSA is one of the world's leading general insurers and a FTSE 100 Company with a heritage dating back over 300 years, and we are proud of it!
Our products are high quality and innovative – just ask our 20 million customers in over 100 countries.
We provide a great service to our customers when they need us most. That’s why we’re always looking at new and innovative ways in which to improve our service for our customers. We set new standards in the industry every day.
Excellent New Role for the Head of Compliance RSA & 123.ie. This a job will be responsible for designing and leading the strategy for the oversight from a compliance perspective of all aspects of compliance across RSAII and 123.ie. This role involves managing all aspects of the RSA Compliance Policy requirements as they relate to RSII and 123.ie.
You will also oversee and support compliance in RSANI. This is key part of the role as Head of Compliance they will be to manage the relationship with the Central Bank of Ireland and ensure that the business is positioned to meet the Central Bank’s expectations in relation to the management of compliance risk. The role requires ensuring all key stakeholders are kept informed of material issues relating to compliance.
A key part of the role will be to work closely with the risk function to ensure effective implementation of the risk management system required under Solvency II and development of compliance assurance in line with CBI expectations. An important part of the role will also be to work closely with the business to ensure appropriate implementation of an effective customer culture across all parts of the business including RSAII, 123.ie and RSANI.
There will a significant advisory and business partnering component with all parts of the organisation together with significant interactions with Board Risk Committee members, Executive Team Members and External stakeholders. A key part of this role is developing and evolving the company’s risk culture.
- Development of a compliance strategy plan including a plan for compliance reviews in relation to compliance that will provide the Audit Committee, Board Risk Committee and Executive team with all relevant information and objective assurance regarding the effectiveness of regulatory risk management, governance and control processes.
- Management of all aspects of the engagement with the Central Bank, including inspections, meetings, information requests, action delivery and other communications
- Maintenance of control logs for all requirements including controls and control owners.
- Identification of all regulatory change
- Working with the business to implement changes to compliance controls arising from regulatory change or business change.
- Recording and addressing all breaches of regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing and advising on all strategic initiatives and projects to identify and mitigate compliance risk
- Production of risk assessments in conjunction with the business in relation to compliance risk
- Reporting to CRO, ET and BRC on performance against compliance plan
- Ensuring there is an appropriate training plan for the business including board and ET in relation to compliance
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- The job isbased in the Dublin but may be required to travel to the Galway, Belfast and /or the UK occasionally
- Insurance and Compliance qualifications
- 6 years plus relevant experience in a compliance environment
- Good knowledge of the Irish regulatory environment and requirements
- Quality and consistency of interpretation and insight
- Presentation of information (graphic, written and oral)
- Feedback from the Chair Board Risk Committee and CEO
- Satisfacton of business leads in terms of quality and timliness of recommendations, advise, guidance and input to business decisions together with appropriate challenge
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Quality of interaction, cross functional engagement and communication
- Feedback from CRO on advice, support and guidance received
RSA Insurance Ireland DAC and its affiliate companies consider applicants on the basis of qualifications and without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, disability or any other legally protected status